Q: How much does transportation cost?
A: Transportation is based on mileage and level of patient care (stretcher, wheelchair, or ambulatory). We aim to have lower cost than many others without sacrificing safety and comfort. Local rates apply to those apply to those inside the Atlanta perimeter (I-285) For long distance trips (over 100 miles), a 25% deposit is required prior to the pickup. Deposit is non-refundable if less than 24 hours notice for cancellation is given. No deposit is required for local transports. Call or email us for a quote! (470) 330-7931
Q: What forms of payment may I use?
• All major credit cards are accepted.
• Cash. (3% discounts will be applied to persons paying with cash.)
• Checks are accepted (once cleared for deposits)
• Money Order
If a deposit is required, You may pay in full if you like.
Q: Are extra passengers allowed to ride with?
A: Yes! We have 2 extra car seats available for your use at no extra cost.
Q: Are pets allowed?
A: Yes! Pets may come but they must be under 25 pounds and in a crate or carrier at all times that can fit on a car seat. Exceptions will be made for “service animals”.
Q: What about food and restroom stops?
A: We can stop for food and restroom stops as needed. Packed meals may also be brought.
Q: Do you have insurance?
A: Yes, CareQuest Transport carries both commercial auto insurance and general liability insurance that exceeds what most companies have and what is required by the Federal government. We have a FEDERAL D.O.T. number. ALWAYS check with companies to see if they do, if they don’t they are breaking the law! The FEDERAL DOT number ensures transportation companies meet certain safety requirements to operate. Most medical transportation companies do not have one!
Q: What information do I need when I call to book transportation?
Call as soon as you know you need transportation so that we can reserve the date for you.
When you call to book, please have:
• Patients legal name
• Patients condition and mobility level
• Patients age
• Patients location with address and phone number
• Patients destination with address and phone number
• Mileage from patients location to patients destination
• Extra passenger(s) name
• Payment information.
• Does either location has any stairs? (an able-person will need to be at that location to assist the driver.)
• For what reason is the patient being transported?
• Will this be round-trip? If yes, what is the time anticipated before the return trip may begin? ie. wait time for driver.